no running copy

From: Matija Grabnar <Matija.Grabnar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 12:58:10 +0100

Has anybody run into Squid 2.0 losing it's PID file? I get squid running for
days without a problem, then one day a 'squid -k rotate' returns

squid: ERROR: No running copy

(after complaining about the MIBs, of course). This despite the fact that the
process is alive, that it did the rotates without problems every 24 hours
for several days, and that it is serving requests as normal.

If I do a KILL -USR1 of that process, the rotate proceeds OK, but the PID file
does not reappear. The only way I found of fixing this is to kill squid and
start it again.

--
"My name is Not Important. Not to friends.
    But you can call me mr. Important"  - Not J. Important