Re: [squid-users] How to Cache aspx Pages?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 01:09:05 +1200

BUI18 wrote:
> Hi - I need to cache aspx pages. I have read through the squid faq for caching dynamic content and have tried the following
> configuration, however, it does not seem to cache aspx pages with or without query
> strings.
>
> A sample link may look like this (this is not a working link) --> http://www.domain.com/junk.aspx?id=12345
>
> My current relevant configurations from squid.conf:
>
> # Allows dynamic content with query strings in the path
> acl junkname urlpath_regex -i \?
> cache allow junkname
> hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
> acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
> cache deny QUERY
> refresh_pattern -i \.aspx$ 1440 90% 2880 ignore-reload
>
> I get status of TCP_MISS in cache.log when I request the page. Am I missing something? Do I need an entry for http_access as well?
>
> Does anyone see a problem with the above configuration parameters? Does any one know how to properly cache aspx pages?

Um, if you have no cache_peer entries its safe to remove the QUERY acl
bits altogether replaced instead with a new "refresh_pattern
(/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0% 0" just above the '.' one.

Well, first check the cacheability engine to see if the pages have
expiry information. If cache-controls or Expires: are set
refresh_pattern has no effect.

Expect to possibly see MISS on first request, its a second immediately
after that should be HIT.

Amos