Re: [squid-users] forwarding port changed based on url

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:50:45 +1200

On 09/09/10 01:22, foobar devnull wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to look for an answer to this probably simple question via the
> "mailing list search" but it seems to be down and google was of little
> help.
>
> I have the following setup:
>
> I have a squid server setup as a reverse proxy and serving a vm with
> multiple domains/websites. One of these websites offers an ssl
> connection on port 443 and a second ssl connection on port 6066 for
> the admin interface. both ports point to www.foobar.com
>
> I'd like to be able to do the following with squid
>
> wwwadm.foobar.com:443 --> [squid] --> www.foobar.com:6066
> www.foobar.com:443 --> [squid]--> www.foobar.com:443
>
> Can this be done? If so, I'd be grateful if you could point me to the
> appropriate documentation or give me a simple example to work from.

The answer is two questions:
  can you make a wildcard cert for both those domains?
or,
  can you assign each its own IP and certificate?

Squid can be configured as an HTTPS reverse proxy to do it either way.
It's a standard virtual-host setup with ssl added, differing only in the
receiving https_port settings.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/VirtualHosting
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/MultipleWebservers

Amos